Alcoholism is a complex disease that envelopes the mind and body of the addict, affecting not just him or her but their family too. The role of alcohol treatment centers in Florida cannot be understated.
For most alcoholics, their biggest fear is that they have to fight this monster alone. This is not so. There are many treatment options which comprise teams of empathetic professionals whose sole aim is to help you attain freedom from the binds of alcoholism and attain sobriety.
Some factors are looked at before a treatment plan is chalked out for you at a center. These are:
- Your personal motivation or drive
- Your support system, at home and work
- Your medical history
All good alcohol detox centers in Florida check these carefully before you are started with a plan.
Right from detox to recovery to life post rehab, you are helped at each stage by daylight detox professionals and medical specialists who ensure you are able to resist temptation and do not relapse.
Time for treatment
There are certain warning signs one must look out for when it comes to alcohol addiction. These are:
- Frequent mood shifts
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Acting violently
- Drinking far too frequently or binge drinking
Not just these, alcoholism can lead to several additional complications, such as
- Relationship problems
- Financial issues
- Health complications
- Professional troubles
All of these make it imperative that you seek treatment at an alcohol rehab in Florida as soon as possible so that long-term sobriety can be achieved.
Most rehab centres follow general guidelines when it comes to treating alcoholics as there is no one-size-fits-all solution here. These form the foundation for the treatment plan for an alcoholic.
Usually, there are three stages of treatment.
- Detoxification: this is the first step in recovery. It aims at removing all traces of alcohol from your body completely. Now as you stop drinking, your body will suffer withdrawal symptoms after 24-48 hours. Some will be mild while other symptoms could be severe, which the professional will deal with using medications.
- Rehabilitation: all good rehab centers provide a wide range of rehabilitation treatments and therapies to help you resist the urge to drink. You shall be made aware of triggers and taught how to avoid them. This step can be both inpatient and outpatient, depending on the severity of your addiction.
- Maintenance: in this, you are taught how to get used to and manage your daily life. You become a part of support groups that help you to avoid alcohol cravings and ease into the general scheme of life gradually.
If you or a loved one requires help with alcohol addiction, do not hesitate and reach out today. It is never too late to attain sobriety and live an enriched life.
Haley Hayward is an experienced writer at financemag7.com, where she’s credited with more than 200 articles covering everything from entrepreneurial stories to mental health at work.
She also oversees the Comment&Questions, which poses important admission questions to experts in the field, and regularly hosts webinars on various aspects of the business school experience.
Prior to joining financemag7.com, Haley honed her skills as a freelance writer, tackling a wide array of topics from petcare to car maintenance.
Haley holds a Master’s degree in English Literature from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.